The Provincial Annals of the Normandy Province were the official day-to-day record of goings on at the Marillac Provincial House outside St. Louise, MO. The Normandy Province existed from 1910-1969, before being divided into the East Central, West Central, and Western Province.
Here are the simple accounts of June 5-6, 1944, D-Day, 75 years ago.
“June 5: Invasion began in Europe.
June 6: Churches in St. Louis having special services for out-come of invasion. Many Churches having Exposition – special prayers all day by order of Archbishop Glennon. Picnic at St. Vincent’s for Seminary. No one invited but Sisters Assistant. Father Martinez came at 2:30 P.M. and exposed the Bl. Sacrament – Exposition until Benediction at 5:30.”