(Images courtesy of the Province of St. Louise)
This week we begin a series of posts highlighting a few of the current ministries of the Province of St. Louise.
Jericho Way, located in Little Rock, AR, is a day resource center serving persons who are homeless. The center seeks to identify and provide resources and services for those in need with the ultimate goal of transitioning the clients out of homelessness.
This goal is supported by:
- Creating opportunities for the clients to seek employment and transition back into society
- Coordinating multiple services in a centralized location through a number of human-service organizations
- Providing a safe place for homeless individuals to access case-management services and gain access to needed services
The center offers a wide-ranging list of services, including:
- Individual case-management
- Access to computers and internet
- Restroom and shower services
- A place to received and send mail
- Access to local phone service
- Laundry services
- Housing referrals
- Breakfast and Lunch
- A place to retreat from the elements
- Access to basic medical care
- Access to job counseling and training
- Transportation to and from the center
In March of 2015, the center’s operations were taken over by Depaul USA, a national organization which offers homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfill their potential and move towards an independent and positive future. Depaul USA’s strategic goal is to develop its services in response to homelessness and fill program gaps where they exist. Depaul USA is part of the international group, Depaul International, working with individuals facing homelessness in six countries. Other DePaul USA day centers are located in Philadelphia, New Orleans, and St. Louis, and Macon, GA.